ISI Web of Knowledge [WOK] have introduced a new addition their search tools, Scientific WebPlus (Beta). WebPlus searches open access/web resources, including BURO. Scientific WebPlus has a number of clever features:
- Scientific WebPlus displays results by domain (clickcable bar chart); subject (tag cloud) and file type (clickable bar chart).
- If you search the Web of Science [WOS] you can click on the Scientific WebPlus link and repeat the search using terms taken form your current search in WOS.
- Scientific WebPlus offers a number of special searches in addition to Topic and Author. Gene, Organism and Drug.
- Scientific WebPlus is designed specifically to focus on the scientific content of the open Web, although you might take issue with this. Results are sometimes broader than the focus on "scientific content" claimed.
- You get more features if you register, the ability to tag records for your own use and to see tags for Groups based on the information provided for your profile when registering (Role - Librarian, Subject - Social Sciences, Speciality - Communication).
Access to Scientific WebPlus is only available through Web of Knowledge. Bournemouth University subscribes to the Web of Knowledge which you can access from here. You will need an ATHENS Account if you are off-campus.
Fact Sheet on Scientific WebPlus