EndNote Web is a free product available to Bournemouth University staff and students as part of our site licence to EndNote and our subscription to Thompson's Web of Knowledge.
Register for EndNote Web on campus at myendnoteweb.com. Once you have registered you can access EndNote Web by logging in direct to the EndNote Web site or through the Web of Knowledge using your ATHENS Personal Account. EndNote Web has less features compared to the full EndNote desktop version, but can exchange files with EndNote and be used as a companion to the full EndNote version.
- Use EndNote Web when you cannot access your work or office computer. Note that the Bournemouth University Site Licence does not entitle you to a free copy for your personal laptop or desktop computer.
- Organise EndNote Web references in Groups for easier management and share EndNote Groups over the web with other EndNote Web users.
- EndNote Web offers a plug-in for IE that provides access from your browser and Cite While you Write [CWYW] integrated with Microsoft Word. EndNote Web also offers a plug-in to install a toolbar for Firefox.
- EndNote Web does allow Importing, Exporting and Formating references - including the Bournemouth University Harvard Style (currently an older version), and Remote Searching of catalogues and some databases.
- EndNote Web works with the Web of Knowledge [WOK] to allow you to Export references directly to EndNote Web and link back directly to individual records in WOK.
Are there any disadvantages? EndNote Web can be slow to use compared to the desktop version, search facilities are limited and to be effective its important to synchronise databases in both versions to have access to your references at all times. For more information and help contact Matt Holland or Emma Crowley
EndNote Web Forum